TYDL is a sportswear company, based in the UK on a mission to help save the world’s coral reefs.
Founded in 2018, TYDL (/ti-dal) was started by gym-buddies Michael & Will after a trip to Bali, Indonesia. The trip highlighted the damage that has been caused to our oceans, especially coral reefs, with beaches littered with plastic and coral bleached from pollution.
After months of research, it was clear that media attention was on plastic waste, which is certainly part of the issue. The duo felt however that not enough was being done to combat a vital part of our oceans, coral reefs.
Did you know:
- Coral reefs cover less than 1% of the oceanic floor but they generate half of Earth’s oxygen.
- They also absorb nearly one-third of the carbon dioxide generated from burning fossil fuels.
- Known as the “rainforests of the oceans”, they are home of over 4,000 species of fish and house over 25% of all marine life.
- Despite being around for over 20,000 years, half of The Great Barrier reef has disappeared in just 27 years according to a 2012 study.
- They have other benefits for humans such as medicinal research, tourism and protection for our shorelines from adverse weather.
The duo wanted to find a way of combining their love for fitness, with their passion for the environment. This is how TYDL was born.
10% of proceeds go to the coral reef conservation projects across the globe.
You can find us on socials at:
Will & Michael